BC Boat & Sportsmen's Show / BC Hunting Show 2015
Abbotsford, BC – Last weekend saw the return of BC’s largest boating, fishing, hunting and sportsmen’s event to TRADEX in Abbotsford. The 2015 editions of the BC Boat & Sportsmen’s Show and the BC Hunting Show took place March 7-9, 2015 and welcomed tens of thousands of outdoors enthusiasts.
2015 marked the 24th anniversary of the BC Boat & Sportsmen’s Show and the 12th anniversary of the BC Hunting Show. A combined total of 33,443 visitors attended this year’s shows, which featured more than 275 exhibitors and seminars, including displays of boating, fishing, hunting and outdoors supplies, a series of educational sessions, TV personalities, demos, some great door prizes and more.
For many, though, the main attraction is the equipment and gear that exhibitors showcase.
“This is a show for sales,” said Show Manager Les Trendall. “We try to offer the widest possible variety of different products and services and we typically see a huge percentage of show visitors making a purchase. They’re always so excited to get home and start using what they bought. It’s contagious!”
This is just one of the reasons that exhibitors love coming to these two long-standing shows.
“The 2015 BC Boat and Sportsmen’s Show was a success on every level,” said exhibitor Gerry Madore with Canopy West. “The attendees were happy and the sales were better than expected. We can't wait for the 2016 show!”
“The BC Boat and Sportsman Show was the kick start I needed to launch my new business!” said Randy Brouwer with Imagine Camping. “I love going to a show that is well organized I just needed to show up and sell our products!”
Congratulations to James Scott of Coquitlam, BC, our grand prize winner! James won a 2015 Sea-Doo Spark 900 2 Up, generously provided by Greater Vancouver Powersports & BRP!
Show staff and management also congratulate:
- Kyle Naylor of Mission, BC, winner of a Fishing Weekend Experience courtesy of Stoney Lake Lodge on Douglas Lake Ranch;
- Wendy Gould of Abbotsford, BC, winner of a Cariboo Truck/Camper Getaway;
- Daryl Henry of Rosedale, BC, winner of a Gold Panning Experience on the Fraser River courtesy of Yukon Dan;
- Tim Ainsley, who won a Facebook photo contest held during the weeks before the shows and was reimbursed $100 for purchases made at the show; and
- Dan Comber, who won a second Facebook photo contest held during the show weekend and was also reimbursed $100 for purchases made at the show.
Thanks to everyone who attended this year’s shows and best wishes for the upcoming fishing, hunting and boating seasons!
Stay tuned to www.BCBoatAndSportsmenShow.ca for details on the 2016 editions of the BC Boat & Sportsmen’s Show and the BC Hunting Show.