Halifax International Boat Show 2015
The 2015 edition of the Halifax International Boat Show took place February 19th-22nd at Exhibition Park and, along with the latest and most sought-after brands of boats and boating equipment in Atlantic Canada, the show included some truly great extras.
Visitors were able to check out new and innovative products, see inside a luxury yacht, learn about the Volvo Ocean Race, visit the seminar stage, and write the boating card exam – all right onsite!
The winter weather during this year’s show was challenging at times and did have an impact on show attendance. Although the numbers were not as high as previous years, exhibitors reported that those who came were serious buyers who were there to make purchases.
Thank you to Metro Guide Publishing for producing and distributing our new flipbook Show Guide. The feedback we received on this new format was overwhelmingly positive.
Again this year we held the Halifax International Boat Show Facebook Photo Contest. Congratulations to first place winner, Brian Dicks; and second place winner, Dawson Baker. There was a three-way tie for third place: Kristen Gillis, James Anderson and Michelle Doane. The Photo Contest will take place again in 2016; stay tuned to the Halifax International Boat Show Facebook page for details.
The Pub area and Seminar Stage were popular stop-in spots, and there were some interesting new seminars at this year’s show. There was a strong focus on various aspects of the Volvo Ocean Race. The “Boating with Wildlife and Sean Brillant” was a crowd favourite, as were the sessions featuring Eric Holden, skipper of Henri Lloyd, winner of the Clipper Round the World Race.
Congratulations to the winners of our door prizes:
- Melanie Nadeau, winner of a 2015 Crestliner CR Jon 1032 Aluminum Boat courtesy of Iron Wind;
- Gerry Henneberry, winner of a Oregon 550T Garmin Handheld GPS courtesy of Mermaid Marine;
- Paula Richards, winner of a $500 R.G.C. Dock System gift certificate courtesy of Cold Water Wharf;
- Franco Fitzgerald, winner of a Raymarine VHF Radio Model 218 courtesy of Quartermaster Marine; and
- Nancy Rondchux, Terry Braley, Ellen Asme, Brian Vickery, and Tiffany Helm, winners of assorted prize packages from Lost Cod Clothing Co., Sugah HFX! Rum Runners Rum Cake Factory, I Heart Bikes, and Nova Scotian Crystal courtesy of Waterfront Development.
Thank you to the sponsors of the 2015 Halifax International Boat Show for their generous support: Whitehaven – Official Wine of the Halifax International Boat Show; Volvo of Halifax – Official Vehicle of the Halifax International Boat Show; Boatsmart! Canada – PCOC Testing Sponsor; Q104 – Media Partner; and GE Capital Canada, Fairway Insurance Services Inc., Atlantic Marine Trades Association and Scotiabank – Exhibitor Reception Sponsor.
We now look forward to the 2015 boating season! Stay tuned to www.HalifaxBoatShow.com for details on the 2016 edition of the show.
The Halifax International Boat Show is owned by the Atlantic Marine Trades Association and produced by Master Promotions Ltd.